Most popular

Who is responsible for Medicaid in Washington State?

Who is responsible for Medicaid in Washington State?

Medicaid is a government program that pays for medical services including nursing home care. It is administered by Health Care Authority (HCA). The Washington State Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) is the designee of HCA in administering the nursing facility program.

Can a nursing home charge less than Medicaid Rate?

If your income is more than the Medicaid nursing home rate plus your regular medical expenses, but less than the rate charged for non-Medicaid residents plus your regular allowable medical expenses, you may still be eligible for assistance. If you apply and are eligible on this basis, the nursing home will charge you only the lower Medicaid rate.

Can A DSHS recover from a Medicaid estate?

DSHS may be entitled to recover, from a Medicaid client’s estate, the amount the State of Washington paid for the client’s care. Whether or not Medicaid is entitled to recover depends on the type of services the client received and the dates when the services were provided to the client.

How to ask a question about elder law?

Ask us a question and we’ll respond if possible. We receive a large number of questions and are unable to answer every one. But if you don’t hear back, many questions, particularly those involving Medicaid law, are best answered by a local elder law attorney.

Do you need an attorney to apply for Medicaid?

Attorneys are well-versed in these and many other legal, medical and financial factors that determine if and when a senior’s application is approved. Finally, applying too early or too late can cost a senior and their family many thousands of dollars.

Can a married couple apply for Medicaid together?

Read: Spousal Impoverishment: Medicaid Spend-Down Rules for Married Couples It may also be possible for an applicant to reorganize their assets and income in ways that help them continue living in the community for as long as possible but also ensure they will qualify for long-term care Medicaid when they need it.

How to contact your state for Medicaid assistance?

In order to assist you in getting a timely response, please contact your State Medicaid Agency for any questions on the following: If you need assistance in any of the areas noted, you will need to contact the agency for Medicaid/CHIP in your state of residence or the state you have questions about in order to receive assistance.