What is a community health project?
What is a community health project?
- 1 What is a community health project?
- 2 What are some public health initiatives?
- 3 What are examples of community health programs?
- 4 What are examples of health promotion activities?
- 5 What are some wellness topics that relate to community health?
- 6 What is a performance improvement project in healthcare?
These projects help to bring solidarity, financial support, material support, and exposure to innovative ideas that are led by local health care workers, community leaders, and other native change agents. …
What are some public health initiatives?
Federal Health Initiatives
- Childhood Obesity Research Demonstration (CORD) Project.
- Diabetes Programs & Research.
- Health Disparities in Cancer.
- HIV/AIDS by Group.
- Million Hearts Initiative.
- National Minority Health Month in April.
- President’s Teen Pregnancy Prevention Initiative.
- Reducing Influenza Vaccine Disparities.
How do I start a community health project?
Starting the Community Health Improvement Planning Process: 10 Simple Steps
- Implement a Data Management System.
- Complete Community Health Assessment.
- Identify and Engage Partners.
- Develop Results Statements.
- Prioritize Issues.
- Define Indicators.
- Create Population-Level Strategies.
What are examples of quality improvement in healthcare?
What are Examples of Quality Improvement Initiatives in Healthcare?
- Reduction in medication-related adverse events.
- Optimization of sepsis care.
- Decreased number of urinary catheter infections.
- Reduced hospital readmissions.
- Decreased medication administration errors.
- Improved electronic medical record documentation.
What are examples of community health programs?
Typical services include testing and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases ; gynecological and obstetrical services; well-baby checks and immunizations; treatment of chronic diseases such as diabetes and high blood pressure ; substance abuse programs; and general health promotion of good nutrition and weight …
What are examples of health promotion activities?
Examples of effective health promotion activities for child and family health
- Promoting breastfeeding.
- Promoting child and family nutrition.
- SIDS prevention and education 
- Injury prevention 
- Promoting physical activity.
- Smoking cessation programs such as ‘quit’ activities and ‘brief interventions’
What are the 17 public health interventions?
The 17 interventions are surveillance, dis- ease and other health investigation, outreach, screening, case finding, referral and follow-up, case management, delegated functions, health teaching, consultation, counseling, collaboration, coalition building, community organizing, advocacy, social marketing, and policy …
What are the 5 public health interventions?
Common types of interventions include screening programs, vaccination, food and water supplementation, and health promotion. Common issues that are the subject of public health interventions include obesity, drug, tobacco, and alcohol use, and the spread of infectious disease, e.g. HIV.
What are some wellness topics that relate to community health?
Educational and community-based programs encourage and enhance health and wellness by educating communities on topics such as:
- Chronic diseases.
- Injury and violence prevention.
- Mental illness/behavioral health.
- Unintended pregnancy.
- Oral health.
- Tobacco use.
- Substance abuse.
What is a performance improvement project in healthcare?
Top. PIPs allow MCEs the opportunity to identify areas of concern affecting their members and strategize ways to improve care. Designed to assess and improve healthcare processes, a PIP’s purpose is to impact healthcare delivery and outcomes of care.
What is an example of a quality improvement project?
Examples of Quality Improvement Projects in Reducing Unnecessary Medical Procedures that Can Increase Patient Risks and Medical Costs. Restricting blood transfusions to only patients who unquestionably need them results in better outcomes for all patients.