Helpful tips

How can I download the Suffolk district court form?

How can I download the Suffolk district court form?

If you encounter problems downloading or opening the form, try downloading and installing the newest version of the Acrobat Reader. Please email the webmaster with any feedback on the forms page or individual forms. Instructions concerning your case after it has been heard by an arbitrator and how and when to demand a trial de novo.

What happens when a judgment is entered in your favor?

Entry of a judgment happens when the clerk of the court signs and files the judgment. In some courts you have to ask the clerk to prepare and enter (record) a judgment in your favor. In other courts, you have to prepare the judgment. Contact the court where you got the decision to find out what to do next.

How to get a default judgment in New York?

To get a default judgment, the plaintiff may have to ask the court for an inquest. An inquest is a hearing to decide the amount of money due on a claim. See Inquests.

Where do I file a satisfaction of judgment?

When the Judgment is Paid. When the debtor pays the judgment, the creditor must file a Satisfaction of Judgment form with the Clerk within 20 days. It is filed in the Court that entered the judgment, but if a Transcript of Judgment was filed in the County Clerk’s office, it is filed there.

When to file judgment in Suffolk district court?

Filing fee for plaintiff to file judgment on consumer credit transaction after Sep 1 2010 (if not paid at filing)

How to obtain a property execution in Suffolk County?

Obtaining A Property Execution Once your transcript of judgment is filed with the County Clerk, you may request a property execution (Form #199) from our office for the Sheriff to attempt collection of your judgment. The County Clerk’s fee is $5.00 to issue the Form 199. Please contact the Sheriff at 852-5600 for their instructions and fees.

How to get a certificate of disposition in Suffolk County?

If you verify the judgment is satisfied on the web, you can request a Certificate of Disposition from the County Clerk’s Office for a fee of $5.00 (check or money order only). Mail requests Att: Judgment Dept.

How does Suffolk County New York help you?

At one time or another either directly or indirectly, every resident of Suffolk County deals with our office. So if you are buying a home, satisfying your mortgage, filing a lien or judgment, grieving your taxes or interacting with the judicial system, we look forward to working with you.