What characteristics should a flight attendant have?
- 1 What characteristics should a flight attendant have?
- 2 What rules do flight attendants have to follow?
- 3 Who is responsible for flight attendant?
- 4 What laws apply in an airplane?
- 5 Which two of the following skills and abilities are important for a flight attendant?
- 6 Do you need to be pretty to be a flight attendant?
- 7 What are the tasks of a flight attendant?
- 8 Which countries law applies on flights?
- 9 How many flight attendants are required on a plane?
- 10 What are the problems of being a flight attendant?
- 11 Do you have to be male to be a flight attendant?
- 12 How many hours do flight attendants work each day?
- 13 Why do you want to be a flight attendant?
- 14 Is it a bona fide occupational qualification to be a flight attendant?
- 15 What is the job description of an airline cabin crew?
- 16 Who are the flight attendants on Southwest Airlines?
What characteristics should a flight attendant have?
Flight attendants should also possess the following specific qualities:
- Attentiveness. Flight attendants must be aware of passengers’ needs to ensure a pleasant travel experience.
- Communication skills.
- Customer-service skills.
- Decision-making skills.
- Physical stamina.
What rules do flight attendants have to follow?
Usually, flight attendants are only permitted to wear one pair of earrings at a time, and even then those earrings must be small and discreet. United flight attendants must wear earrings which are no larger than a quarter if they’re posts and no bigger than a dime if they’re dangly.
Who is responsible for flight attendant?
Flight Attendant job profile Flight Attendants are generally responsible for ensuring passengers’ safety and comfort at all times. Their duties include ensuring that the emergency equipment is working, that the cabin is clean, and that there is an adequate supply of food and beverages.
What laws apply in an airplane?
In summary: Whist in flight in international airspace, the laws of the country of registration of the aircraft apply. If the incident is related to air safety, the laws of the destination country will take effect.
Which two of the following skills and abilities are important for a flight attendant?
Hand-Eye coordination and Customer service are important traits for a flight attendant.
Do you need to be pretty to be a flight attendant?
Looks aren’t everything, but they are important. You might have heard flight attendants back in the day had to fit a certain physical mold, and that’s true. These days, you don’t have to be a slim and slender supermodel to land the gig, but you do need to be presentable.
What are the tasks of a flight attendant?
- Provide information, guidance, and assistance for safety and comfort to passengers on board aircraft.
- Attend the “brief” and act on it.
- Conduct safety check before flight.
- Greet customers, check their tickets and accompany them to their seats.
- Prepare and serve drinks and food to passengers.
Which countries law applies on flights?
In most situations, it’s the law of the country where the aircraft is registered that applies on board.
How many flight attendants are required on a plane?
The number of flight attendants required on flights is mandated by each country’s regulations. In the US, for light planes with 19 or fewer seats, or, if weighing more than 7,500 pounds, 9 or fewer seats, no flight attendant is needed; on larger aircraft, one flight attendant per 50 passenger seats is required.
What are the problems of being a flight attendant?
That’s just one glaring problem that flight attendants face every day. Another is that they work crazy hours, which means they lack sleep. They may feel tired, but since they must adhere to strict beauty rules, they have to wear airline-approved makeup to conceal it, ensuring that at all times they look presentable. But pilots also have it bad.
Do you have to be male to be a flight attendant?
For planes with up to 19 passenger seats, no flight attendant is needed. For larger planes, one flight attendant per 50 passenger seats is needed. The majority of flight attendants for most airlines are female, though a substantial number of males have entered the industry since 1980.
How many hours do flight attendants work each day?
Flight attendants face this every day: long, grueling hours. It’s a problem because it inhibits them from sleeping. Normally, they work between 10 and 12 hours each day. But they often have 16 hour days (the legal maximum). This problem can be attributed to airplane delays, for example.
Why do you want to be a flight attendant?
Working as a flight attendant for a major airline provides plenty of contact with people as well as opportunities to travel. The air cabin crew of a commercial airline share responsibility for the safety and comfort of its passengers.
Is it a bona fide occupational qualification to be a flight attendant?
This case presents the important question whether femininity, or more accurately female sex appeal, is a bona fide occupational qualification (“BFOQ”) for the jobs of flight attendant and ticket agent with Southwest Airlines.
What is the job description of an airline cabin crew?
Airline cabin crew: job description. Airline cabin crew are responsible for the comfort, safety and welfare of passengers travelling on aircrafts during short-haul and long-haul flights. Many airlines require cabin staff to live within close proximity of a particular airport.
Who are the flight attendants on Southwest Airlines?
Southwest’s flight attendants, and to a lesser degree its ticket agents, have been featured in newspaper, magazine, billboard and television advertisements during the past ten years. Some attendants assist in promotional events for other businesses and civic organizations.