How do I get a Centrelink rent certificate form?
- 1 How do I get a Centrelink rent certificate form?
- 2 How do I download my Centrelink rent certificate?
- 3 How do I upload a rent certificate to Centrelink?
- 4 What is the maximum amount of rent assistance from Centrelink?
- 5 Will Centrelink back pay rent assistance?
- 6 How do I request a Centrelink document?
- 7 Can I get forms from Centrelink?
- 8 What documents do I need for Centrelink?
- 9 Can someone on Centrelink rent a house?
Steps to get Rent Assistance
- Sign in to myGov and go to Centrelink.
- Select My Details.
- Select either Update address details, Update contact details or Update accommodation details as required.
- Once you’ve updated your details we’ll give you a summary of the updates.
- If all the details are correct, read the declaration.
Sign in to your myGov account and select Centrelink. Select the Review rent details task. You can also select the menu icon, then Personal Details followed by Rent Assistance review.
Sign in to myGov and select Centrelink. Select Upload documents from Favourite services on your homepage. Or, you can select MENU from your homepage. Select Documents and appointments, then Documents and Upload documents.
People without dependent children
|If you’re||Your fortnightly rent is more than||The maximum fortnightly payment is|
|1 of a couple separated due to illness||$127.60||$142.80|
|1 of a couple temporarily separated||$127.60||$134.60|
*Note: – Rent assistance cannot be backdated. Payments can only be paid from the payday following notification that you are renting.
Sign in to myGov and select Centrelink. Select MENU from your homepage. Select Documents and appointments, followed by Documents and Request a document.
Ordering forms You can order some Centrelink, Child Support and Medicare forms from us.
What common documents are
- for savings, term deposits, mortgage offsets and overseas bank accounts – details such as account names, account number, name of financial institution and the current account balance.
- insurance agreements.
- income and assets, including real estate assets.
- income stream schedule.
The Rent Deduction Scheme lets you pay your public housing rent straight from your Centrelink payments. You can arrange this with your state or territory housing authority. It’s a free service. Centrepay is a service that lets you pay bills and expenses as regular deductions from your Centrelink payments.